Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Review of Daum PotEncoder


Daum Pot Encoder is a video encoder that one of the most famous Korean Internet firm called Daum Communications developed. It is a program that converts videos/ films to play in cellphones, game devices or pc. Also, you can simply edit and put the video clips on your blogs that you edited right away. The way to use this program can be roughly categorized into four groups:
1. Installation of the program Daum Pot Encoder 2. Video editing, such as cutting/adding/pasting to other clips and inputting text 3. Encording 4. Uploading

There are some considerable pros and cons. The strength of this program is that uploading speed is relatively quick, and the streaming speed is quicker than the world-famous web site Youtube. Also, they offer the program for free as a freeware. Because there is a video edit function, it is very useful for you to re-create your video clip with various subtitles, and you can also find out its capacity. I, as a first time user of Daum Pot Encoder, also realized that this program provides a convenient video encoding, uncomplicated editing tool, syncing with Daum service (very useful network,  especially in Korea), and  partial editing. However, one of the most attractive point I found was that we can save the video clips into our mp3 players and ipods.

However, there are few demerits I found. It takes a much longer time encoding the video clips compare to the other encoder program called Umile Encoder. Once you choose the settings for video quality and encoding it, it lowers the image quality; It can't be better than the original one. Also, comparing this program to Youtube, Youtube offers better quality of images and videos.

After reviewing Daum Pot Encoder, I came up to ask why video editing is important, and here are some examples based on my experience. I had experiences of taking videos with my phone and I loved the scenes that I took on my phone, however the background-noise was inappropriate for the beautiful scenes. Also, when I was looking for a video on the internet, I've sometimes found a video that contains uninteresting content, however the background music caught my fancy. If we use a video editing tool in these kinds of situations, we can make a new video clip by abstracting only the video or just the sound. Editing video is so great, and I believe that video-editing tool can be very useful for our everyday life.

No comments:

Post a Comment